Once the turnover of a business exceeds prescribed HMRC limits, businesses are required to register for Vat and thereafter submit vat returns monthly or quarterly. You can, of course, register voluntarily, where your business turnover does not exceed the prescribed HMRC threshold, and in this regard, advice can be given on its benefits and how best to make the decision. We can deal with the whole vat registration process, providing acknowledgement that the application has been received by HMRC and thereafter keeping you up to date of the registration process. A vat registration certificate can typically be despatched to the business within 2-3 weeks.
We can also advise on and register, if appropriate, the annual accounting and flat rate vat schemes, which are typically used by IT and management consultancy companies, however which are applicable to a wide spectrum of sectors. The annual accounting scheme allows the business to prepare and submit one vat return on an annual basis and thus reduce administration time.
We provide an efficient VAT service, which includes:
- Assistance with VAT registration
- Advice on VAT planning and administration
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Help with completing VAT returns
- Use of the most appropriate scheme
- Planning to minimise future problems with HMRC
- Negotiating with HMRC in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals.